Waiting in line for your chance at viewing and admiring Monets and Manets can be exhausting, and most people work up an appetite by the time they are finished with their Musee D Orsay tour. Following are some of the best eateries in the neighborhood you can visit afterwards, each just a short walk away from the world-famous museum.
- La Laiterie Sainte-Clotilde: A highly practical establishment, this bistro is situated in an upscale neighborhood. They take last minute bookings a lot of the time. It is closed on Sundays.
- Treize: the best place to enjoy Southern American hospitality near the Orsay, Treize serves pleasant hand pies, layer cake, and salads. It is closed on Sundays and Mondays.
- Le Relais de l’Entrecôte: This is a steakhouse with an unending supply of golden-colored fries. Go early unless you are OK with spending as much time in the line to be seated here, as the one outside d’Orsay. The place is open every day of the week.
Book in Advance
- Garance: Opened by two famous Guillaumes from l’Arpège, this is one of the most acclaimed bistros to be found around the Esplanade des Invalides. It is open every day except Saturday and Sunday.
- La Ferme Saint-Simon: A long-running establishment near Musée d’Orsay, it is fairly recent dining room and kitchen redesign has left it a worthy spot to hang out at while you much down on veritable delicacies. The place is open round the week.
- Les Climats: Just the terrace here is enough to justify a visit, which lets you enjoy wine from the all-Burgundy list. It is open every day except Sunday and Monday.
- Restaurant ES: If you want simplicity to be a part of your dining experience, especially after a day spent on your feet for the most part, head to Restaurant ES. They have a plain whitewashed room where you can enjoy delicate flavors presented in lovely ways. It is open every day except Sunday and Monday.
- Le Cinq Mars: A broad favorite among Parisians and tourists alike, this bistro lets you partake in classics like steak tartare, brandade de morue, and foie gras mi-cuit. It is closed on Sundays.
- Gaya: for the best seafood in the neighborhood, check out Gaya. It is closed on Sundays.
- Yen: Located in the sixth arrondissement, this place serves world-class soba. It is closed on Sundays.